Insta Inspo- Lena Hoschek


I'm pretty much glued to instagram from the moment I wake up to just before I fall asleep (that's basically 9:45 am to 2:45 am, so I totally miss any early birds and their musings).  I don't post a whole heck of a lot, and it's not that exciting, but I love the beautiful variety that flows by, from vintage wearers and sellers (mmmm...) to knitters and sewists, the everyday wearers of clothing and the wildly dressed, abstract spaces and found objects, architecture and books. Oh, and cats. I like that there's someone in Australia who starts posting themed images every morning, which is late in my afternoon (@jillkellett).  I like that there's someone who posts short informal dance clips a couple of times a week (@personalpractice).  I like the Swedish design lovelies of @finelittleday and their occasional portraits of bemused cats sitting at the table (in front of divine floral wallpaper...)

On instagram I was introduced to the work of Austrian fashion designer Lena Hoschek.  She combines an homage to traditional dirndl style with 50s flair and modern prints. The fashion show for her Autumn/Winter 16-17 was held last week, and is perfectly in keeping with my current loves (well, or to be fair, my forever mustard-and-tweed mood).  So here are a couple of images from the show, for inspiration!


Fuzzy dark green sweater and swirling mustard silk. yes.


Fifties silhouette in glorious, glamorous tweed
Autumn floral? Winter floral?  I'll take it.  And the shoes.
Actually, I have already worn this outfit a million years ago, here
Green sweater and taupe lace? Sure, I can step outside my zone a little...
This is everything. Also, why can't I have boppy, bouncy hair like this?
This, too, is everything.
This is so Anthropologie. Anthro, are you listening
Too Forever 21 (but then, I would buy it there...)  I just put this in because Lena is obviously channelling me here too.  I practically own stock in rust tights!
Speechless! There are no words.
Okay, so much as I love everything about these- the prints, the fabrics, the silhouettes, the print mixing... well, sometimes print mixing can be just a little too much. Behold...



Okay, not quite.  But I would absolutely wear these items separately.  And I am now obviously on the hunt for a deep green snuggly statement sweater to go with all my mustard skirts.  Then we'll have an outfit post!!



Comments