sunset pinks...

Vintage pink midi skirt, J Crew striped top, Madewell necklace, Born wedges
It's funny, a couple of months ago I suddenly found myself obsessed, absolutely driven, to acquire some soft pale pinks. You know I'm all about the earth tones and brights, and here was something I found was...missing...in my life.  ahem.  Because skirt options in the retail world are still pretty sad and insufficient these days (what's up with that?) I spent several weeks haunting Etsy. It's a great place to shop, but very dangerous for me 'cause I have a hard time saying no to one-of-a-kind pieces!  vintage, pink, skirt, midi, knee, wrap, 50s, 60s, 70s (not desperate enough for 80s, but I know that day is coming!).  And suddenly one day, there it was- the perfect long elegant midi skirt. It has a nice nubby silk texture, and incredible sway as you walk.


It's a good thing I'd already found the perfect pink skirt, because recently my old friend Anthropologie came around to the pink zeitgeist and introduced this splendid dusty tulle floral magnificence.  Just right for a  reflective sunset portrait. I'm looking forward to wearing my own skirt into the fall with more rusty earth tones- I have just the right ankle booties apparently.  But summer first, please!

Anthropologie Petaluma skirt

 
Anthropologie Tarnby Lasercut booties, circa Fall 2013

oh, maybe the boots are a good idea- my toes are still all scraped up from a recent weekend at the lake...

Comments