On summer silks...(or maxis and Minis!)


Anthropologie Daleka Day dress, vintage lace blouse, F21 mint braided collar, Sam Edelman sandals
I learned the hard way this week, switching in the space of a day from insanely cold wet weather to insanely hot humidity, that silk blouses do not make the best muggy companions.  However a soft flowing silk skirt is the bomb- light enough to blow away from your body in the mildest breeze! This silk maxi dress was quite wonderfully cool yesterday in probably 100% humidity.


I bought the printed version of the Daleka Day dress back in May when it first went on sale, but was pleased to be able to add the more everyday black version to my wardrobe during the current tag sale (silk dress for $24- woot!)  I was originally dismayed when I put it on, since the pleats were far too crisp and clung to the body.  However a quick steaming relaxed them enough to restore the billowy softness one wants in a maxi dress.  The high heat and humidity relaxed the pleats even more over the course of the day!

I love the coolness that a touch of mint adds to black, and that standby vintage lace blouse always works to make a casual outfit work appropriate!

Today was a beautiful hot and sunny day so we went for a long walk in the afternoon.  I wore a silk skirt once again- I was thrilled to find this brown floral skirt at a thrift store recently, and it was perfect for a more casual outfit, with another touch of cool mint to try and beat the heat (not that I'm complaining- it was glorious!)

F21 mint tee, 90s silk floral a-line skirt, wood necklace  by me
 I tried to have my picture taken with an adorable vintage mustard Mini, but I think the car is cuter on its own! So adorably tiny!



Comments