warming trend...

Anthropologie Blair Scholar jacket, Dotted Jacquard sweater skirt, J Crew striped shirt
Yesterday morning I couldn't convince myself to put on anything but the softest, warmest layers, so I figured it was a good time to work in this new cardigan/faux blazer.  It is indeed very cuddly, and I do recommend it.  By the end of the day, the boiled wool had lost a tiny bit of it's structure but there wasn't really any pilling.  In my experience, that's pretty good for this kind of fabric! I absolutely love the shape of it, as well as the burnt orange hue.  I may not be a huge fan of the sash look but I didn't mind it tied behind, with the belts twisted a little to minimize the thickness.



You may be wondering how a knee-length skirt, even a thick knit, could be possibly warm enough in -25 degree temperatures?  That is why over-the-knee legwarmers kinda rock, especially when they're from Iceland! Presto, change-o! Now if I could just stop these constant mini-colds that keep knocking me out for 24 hours at a time this winter!


Any other cold weather tips to share?  Besides running off to a resort in Cuba?  Hmm...that does seem to be what all the January catalogues are telling me to do...

Comments