of rocketships and lacy slips!

Anthropologie Quinby Intarsia cardigan and cord skirt, Born boots
Sigh.  One of my favourite Calvin and Hobbes cartoons ever is one I don't own and can't seem to find online.  In it, Calvin stands proudly in front of his mom, hands on his hips, with a huge grin on his face.  She shakes her head and sends him away.  He proceeds to do the same thing in front of his dad, then you see him stomping away, grouching to Hobbes, "What's the point of wearing rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see them?"

I was reminded of that little moment (a strip I once cut out of the newspaper- how old-school!) the other day when I finally got to wear a pretty lace-trimmed extra flouncy slip I've had for awhile- I've just never had a skirt quite long enough to warrant it.  Enter the fine wale cord skirt I bought over the holidays- now if only someone had asked to see what was lurking underneath :(


I suppose I should finally invest in the complete Calvin box set.  I truly think all the necessary life lessons are contained within...


Comments