Mod me...and an Etsy roundup!


Mod print wool shift via Etsy, J Crew Blythe blouse, F21 necklace
 The last few years has seen me add a lot more clothing from stores like Anthropologie and J Crew- basics with a twist, either unique detailing or bright rich colours- but my heart still belongs to vintage. There's nothing quite like finding a dress of truly unique print or shape (and one that fits!)

Etsy is a an amazing and *slightly* addictive resource.  Looking for a green and orange floral print 50s dress?  Type in your keywords and scroll through the gems! Once you know the cuts that best suit your shape, a quick glance at the measurements and fabric can give you a *fairly* good idea of how something might fit (this dress turned out a bit snug on the hips, but there's also some room in the seams to make the fit right).

Despite my fabric snobbery when it comes to new clothing, some of my favorite vintage pieces are very, very polyester.  I wonder if it's because contemporary pieces in polyester are always trying to look like other materials, whereas 60's polyesters are gloriously and unselfconsciously all about looking like...themselves!

60s navy and green dots, M-L

60s mod geometric print S-M
Mod print dress M-L

(or topical unique Hobbit print dress, if you like! darn, now I want one!)

Mod geometric print jumper XS
60s navy and cream medallion shift S
Peter Pan collar wiggle dress, M


Blue and green mod print dress L-XL

Batik print shift dress M
Geometric print wool dress XS
Bronze floral print shift S
Peacock paisley print shift S-M
Olive and teal geometric print shift M
Sigh...I could do this all day.  so. much. fun!

Comments

  1. oh. mah. gahhhhhh. I NEEEED that dress you're wearing. No, really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment