colourblocked and christmas partied!


Madewell silk palette tee, Anthropologie broken pleats skirt
I've been totally into the maroon/burgundy/bordeaux trend this fall.  It's a shame the colour has gotten a little bit instantly ubiquitous, as in we're absolutely drowning in it!  I hope that doesn't mean a red wine backlash come 2013...it is such a beautiful complement to a range of bright colours.  This silk blouse from Madewell is one of my favorite acquisitions in the colour- such a simple and elegant t-shirt cut and awesome combination of rich purple and maroon.  Sigh.

It felt a little early in the season, but my work Christmas party was Friday night and I was quite pleased that the Honeycomb Lace dress that I had my eye had gone on sale the week before.  It turned out that an ancient mossy green shrug matched well with the mustard tones and honeycomb patterning of the dress.



Oh, and at the last minute I added this teal feather clip to my hair- hey, how many times a year do you get a chance to dress up your head?  Exactly. 

Comments