THE spring coat!

I've been wearing a brown satin-y trench coat for the last 4 springs and well...it was getting a little tired, y'know?

I absolutely fell in love with the 'burnt caramel' version of J Crew's Icon trench in the fall:

Classic trench in deluxe fabric with a unique colour...all I needed was to actually find it available in my size on the website, at a sale price.  nada.  The small sizes in coats are always the first to sell out, especially since I find most coats are oversized anyway.  I hate those that are too big in the shoulders and too long in the sleeve.  Ugh. Periodically I'd type it into a search on the website, but it was always sold out, or popbacks would be in larger sizes.  um, but then one day a few weeks ago, there it was...one sole size 0, burnt caramel colour, on sale.

I went through the shopping cart process faster than ever before, let me tell you!  It arrived a couple of days later, packed in a large box, lovingly wrapped in plastic on a hanger, ready to go.  The fit was perfect.  The weather took a turn for the warmer, and I packed away the winter coat!  Spring has arrived, ladies, and I look forward to many, many more with this lovely classic.

Just for a change of scenery, I tried taking a couple of pictures in the changing room at F21 (nothing too exciting to report, though I am guilty of purchasing a striped romper, with peter pan collar and brass back buttons, to turn into a blouse!)
J Crew Burnt Caramel Icon trench

vintage 70's polyester floral dress, navy J Crew jackie cardigan, Indigo boots, thrifted leather purse ($5!)
 This is an old favourite polyester dress- it has saved me on many the morning!  Though I was also wearing it when I had a nasty fall on the ice a few years back, though certainly not its fault (oh, and you know you're in bad shape when elderly ladies with walkers have to ask you if you'll be all right...I can still feel it in my tailbone!  ouch!)

Comments

  1. The jacket is fantastic, but that purse - that purse! - is divine. You are a thrifting hero, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats for scoring the trench (and on sale!). I can already tell that you'll get plenty of wears out of it. It's a classic style and the colour is quite unique. btw, I hate those coats with too-loooong sleeves and wide shoulders as well.
    Gorgeous dress too and love that $5 leather bag of yours! no way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay finding a zero! I've heard that lady, zeros always sell out so quickly, I hate it! that's a beautiful trench, and the dress with the cardigan is so adorably nerdy chic. I love that the dress is vintage, that's an awesome find, it's sooooo cute! do you ever notice how hard it is to find small enough vintage dresses? they are always soooo heartbreakingly large... harrumpf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jacket! It looks great. Fantastic dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ! That is the purse you mentioned the other day? It totally is reminiscent of a bal! Your trench is perfect, and so is that dress, I love the colours in it. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trench coats and the one you scored is just perfect (love the color). It looks perfect on you!

    Can't wait to see the F21 romper you convert into a blouse, what a fantastic idea...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice snag on the coat! Burnt Caramel?! My heart just went a-flutter. I totally love your outfit here-that vintage dress is a dead-ringer for an Anthro dress. Can't wait to see your blouse-born-from-striped-romper....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on scoring the trench! I love popbacks! The coat looks great and the color is beautiful. What a great dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the icon trench. The burnt caramel is beautiful on you. I have the shade lighter khaki and it's one of my favorite purchases at JC. Will last ages and always be stylish. The bag is fantastic and such a score!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky girl, this trench is so chic. I really love this burnt caramel colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that trench. I have the winter version (stadium cloth I think) and it is my favorite. Congrats on the score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that trench is awesome! You wear it so well. I really need to consider adding one to my wardrobe this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The second outfit is amazing! Love that jackie over the dress, but paired with charcoal tights and booties. Right on trend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment