grey, grey, grey, orange, grey....



I needed another dose of colour today- everything is soooo grey and dark and colourless right now (though a little bit of rain added a nice atmospheric mood to it all).  I reached into the closet today and what came out in my hands was the orange Reed shirtdress- so be it!  I'd wanted to try it out with a grey floral cardigan for awhile, since my current outdoor wear is a grey coat with orange floral scarf!


Anthropologie Moulinette Soeurs' Reed shirtdress, Joe Fresh floral cardigan, black cloth belt, Aldo shoes.
I'd forgotten just how unfortunately short the dress is- I need much more cropped cardigans or much longer to fit the silhouette! Moulinette Soeurs improved the length on the plaid versions, but the orange is still my first beloved- if only the proportions were just a little better! (oh my, what I went through to find this last year!)

Anyway, the blast of colour was noted by several colleagues in the dull concrete modernism I inhabit weekdays!

Um, then I broke my 'sorta shopping ban' to go to Value Village and found just the right black A-line skirt I've been looking for forever (having purchased far too many 'fails' that I thought I would tailor  to the right cut), a bright yellow pencil skirt, and an adorable vintage bracelet watch (that I may just wear, since I can't even feel it on...).  Ah, and I finally found a sage/mint-ish t-shirt too! and a tan striped shirt, because I'm sure I need it...that's all of 20$ of happiness right there ;)

Comments

  1. I really like the bright color and tone done cardi combo. It complements each other perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of orange and grey! The weather has perked up a bit here in TO over the last few days, hope it does for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress does not seem too short to me...and solid color tights can forgive a bit of the length problem. You had a productive trip to Value Village...I'm shopping a yellow skirt, but I'm thinking more of a mustard color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid combo. This is really nice. I love the bright orange color. And the Cardigan is beautiful. Nice finds :) I wish I had such good luck. I am glad that you are able to do amazing things with your wardrobe. I think you are a true Clothing genius! Have a good evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors! I really like the black/gray with the orange. I agree with Terrie - the dress doesn't seem too short at all. I like the length. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you combined the gray and the red...those two colors always look great together. Lovely watch as well :)

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! I love the Reed's classic shape and I love how the saturated orangey red can shine with the pretty but neutral pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I passed on that dress and honestly have been kicking myself over that decision. It's such a versatile piece! Speaking of versatile I gave you a versatile blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw, sweet!! I'm sure at one point there will be a switcheroo, as some of the 1000's of Reed owners sell them off for new anthro stuff (heh...not me, I have a terrible time divesting myself of wearables!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment