scouting colour...

Oh, I do so love bright orange in the springtime.  It may not feel like spring outside, since it's all windy and frosty, and feels colder somehow than the middle of winter, but I'm starting to feel ready for colour and lighter fabrics and embracing all the lovely images I've seen in the magazines, damnit!

I pulled out my trusty field scout skirt today- I'm still playing with some of the colours that came up while testing a palette for Molly's colour-inspiration post last week here and here.

 I was inspired by the subscriber cover for Harper's Bazaar, with these gorgeous tones of pink and orange and mint contrasted with...um...the contrasty cuddly fur of ol' Ailuropoda melanoleuca (which apparently translates as 'black and white bear'.  I guess it's descriptive anyway)
Harpers Bazaar, March 2011

An array of clothing that fits the palette
 I still only own one mint top- the hunt continues, though I think it's actually more sage I'm craving!
Anthropologie Precious Materials cardigan and Field Scout skirt, mint blouse, Camper Ariadna oxfords
 I liked the way this dress channels the flowing soft qualities of the one in the picture, but then I utterly failed to throw in any other colours...
Anthropologie Precious Materials cardigan, vintage 30's rust dress, Camper Ariadna oxfords
Today I pulled out the skirt again, for a basic pairing with the delicate details of a white blouse (and a touch of mint- I"m still working on how to get a hint of yellow in there!  heh...besides my straw hair...)  I love the possibilities of this skirt- and I'm glad there's an array of other orange skirts coming out these days to see other potential combinations.  Check out Amy's awesome mix with yellow (hm...) and I spied quite a few gorgeous oranges in the weekly update chez Kim
Anthropologie Florid Facade blouse and Field Scout skirt, Modern Vintage boots

Comments

  1. I saw your outfit on Molly's blog and thought it was very clever how you used the Harpers cover for inspiration. The cover is so cute - and your outfit does it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that skirt is great on you, I love the fullness of it. Does it make you want to twirl a smidgen? I think it would for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, Am in love with your Vintage Dress! The shoes look really nice with it. And the Cardigan is a great compliment. Love all of your outfits. You did a great job. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your skirts,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. To a skirt lover like me, they are absolute candy. loving the way you have paired them.
    You are fantastic, Sarah
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors and great shoes! I love campers! I once found a brand new pair of campers at a goodwill in San Francisco for $7. I am actually wearing a rust/mint combo today - I feel very sringy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all greens all year! Keep up that hunt. Love the Anthro top!

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this cover! I saved it and it was my desktop briefly for a while :) So cool that you used it as an inspiration...you pulled it off perfectly <3 Just found your blog and followed you!

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, Come check out my blog, You have just received the Versatile Blogger Award! Gabby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful in all these outfits Sarah, and did a great job of reminding me to wear the Florid Facade top. I adore its details and the cream color is great for the upcoming Spring. Great inspirational cover by the way - you blew me away with your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three outfits are really great and I ADORE the length of the hem on the middle (rust colored) dress. I think they evoke the inspiration really nicely without being too literal and without making it seem unlike you/your style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The field skirt just looks so beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely adore every look you put together for the Color Inspiration! Just that touch of mint totally finishes it. I agree with Jesspgh, I love that length of that rust colored dress too. You have such an eye for scoring truly timeless vintage pieces and working them into your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks guys- I love being inspired by your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, you look amazing in this outfit! I adore the orange with that cardigan... such a vintage-inspired look, which is my favourite kind of look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment