catching up!

I finally have a few days off after a mad couple of overworked weeks.  In the meantime, I don't think I've documented one outfit- they've either been repeats of old favourites or nothing worth showing!  I realised though that the ol' peppered and striped skirt never actual made an official debut here, so here is an outfit set I loved from way back in January.  I should be thinking of spring and pushing this skirt to the back of the closet now, but we got more snow yesterday so I guess, looking on the bright side, I have a few more opportunities to try it with different options!

I find it goes with quite a range of colours and tops, as have other bloggers, but for it's first outing I stayed pretty simple with a navy polka dot J Crew sweater.  I love the way the dots interact- like a night sky, with the amber glow of street lights against the stars.
Navy J Crew Jackie cardigan, thrifted J Crew navy polka dot sweater, Anthropologie Peppered and Striped skirt, Grey Camper heels.
 And a few more options I haven't tried yet- I'm especially excited to try it with the ruffly plaid!

peppered

peppered by thatdamngreendress on Polyvore.com

I was so excited to discover the everybody everywear site awhile back, but then I kept missing their posting deadlines (and I'm still not quite sure how the posting is supposed to work, but we're in there now with so many other lovely polka-dotted ladies!
Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

Comments

  1. I love that you picked up the yellow in the scarf instead of going with the obvious yellow top, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt too. If the fabric is lightweight enough you could even wear it into June. With yellow maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your description of the outfit, as well as the outfit itself! I can't wait to see future styling of the skirt! I'm particularly intrigued by the purple plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double mini polka dots for the win! I can't express how very, very much I love this. And I don't know if you participate in Everybody, Everywear, but tomorrow's challenge is polka dots (http://www.everybodyeverywear.com) and you should submit this look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ack- I totally forgot about that! and after missing the blazers too- thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like the sky in a summer evening, full of stars. Fantastic my dear friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the double polka dots! Very nice. I can't wait to see it with the ruffly plaid. That looks like a great combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A double dose of polka dots - now that's my kind of outfit! I adore this look - the skirt is a fanatastic piece to have. I would love to see it with the ruffled plaid shirt. I think it might create a preppy-chic kind of look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute! I love the other outfits you came out with too. I want some of those tops! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is a great skirt. I don't own it myself, but it looks great on everyone. I love the different styling options, I'm excited to see you wearing the skirt with stripes and plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah, This is really nice :) I have only worn this skirt once. I guess it's too late to wear it now. We are beginning to get into the 80's already. It's suppose to reach 83 today. So I guess I'll have to wait till next year :( check out the blog. I posted about how awesome your sensevof style is. You are so good at the way you dress. You dress for YOU. I think that's really great. You still wear Anthro but you use it hear and there and always have amazing vintage pieces. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the shape of that skirt and the way it falls. Really classic.
    And double dots? Overachiever!

    Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh, love your description of the outfit! so romantic I almost blushed. And this whole ensemble is such a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the subtle palette and the pairing of the dots. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh, this is beautiful. subtle...can polka dots be subtle? i didn't think so, but i'm loving the whole calm/sophisticate vibe of your ensemble. i think the scarf is the clincher, at least for me. beautiful color.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh. i think that purple plaid top will be AMAZING with the skirt! i can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SPOT ON! :D Lovely look! Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great with the double-dose of polka dots, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment