memories of summer

I can't complain too much about the weather- it's hasn't been blisteringly cold (much) and we only caught some squalls associated with Snowmaggedon 2011, but I'm having a hard time right now.  It seems like the gentle breezes and warm sunshine are so far away now.  It's hard to recall those blissful moments of forgetfulness, lying on a patch of warm grass, eyes closed to the brightness of the sky.  In winter, the bright sunlight just means it's going to be COLD out there!

I found these pictures on the computer recently and must not have posted them- they embody a perfect urban Sunday this past August, when we ambled out the door in early afternoon for 'all-day breakfast' at a local spot.  Pancakes and bacon and sausage and potatoes (with a smattering of fruit), oh my.

I'm still longing for a pair of clogs (and bemoaning the Hasbeens that went to the only other responder on the Laws of General Economy site- why does that always seem to happen?) but I found a pair at Value Village in PEI this summer brand new for $5 so they'll do for now!  However I see that Hasbeens is doing a collaboration with H&M this spring...

Remember when the sun is too bright to keep your eyes open?  Sigh...only 3 months or so to go...
Old Navy chambray dress and cropped cardigan, Coach satchel (Dear Golden Vintage), Dollarama leather belt (!), thrifted London Underground clogs

Action shot!  I do leave the house!
Don't forget to enter my Damn Green Dress giveaway!  I'll draw a name tomorrow at random to win a piece of handmade by me silver jewellery, copy of the movie Desk Set, and an awesome novel that won't change your life but might enrich it...!

Comments

  1. Bliss. I actually felt the sun on my face and a warm breeze kissing my cheeks when I looked at your pics. And girrrrl, you make an Old navy dress look like an Anthro dress. Work it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I am longing for that sun on my face, as well! cuuute dress and clogs! Must check out your giveaway asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics out on the street. The dress and the clogs look so breezy on a Sat morning...also love Hasbeens wish weather would get more springy - or could wear with socks? What do you think, too slippy? Have a brilliant weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so fresh and happy in these photos.Love your cool and casual outfit, and adore your bag.
    It is nearly spring here. We had our first daffodil today and it is about 25ºc in the sun.
    Crazy world!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress looks adorable. And you do look happy & content. That dress and the Cardigan look great together and the shoes and bag are awesome too! Very, Very nice picture! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit and the shoes. The clogs are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute denim dress! I love the ruffle neckline and my - the way you are so condidently walking down the street with a little handbag in tow! I remember wearing clogs back when i was 11 years old. Who would have thought they'd make a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great outfit! I love it - you look so adorable! I can't really complain about weather, living in San Diego, but I remember how longingly I dreamed of spring every time February rolled around in upstate NY. Winter always seemed endless there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are so warm and happy! Thank you for the dose of artificial sunshine :) And ooh, those clogs are pretty high on my own wishlist! Love that bright red color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to award you a stylish blogger award, because I love your posts!
    If you care, please check the info on mz blog

    http://izbakinogormara.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment