green shoes!

 

I'm still here!  This week completely kicked my ass- I feel like I'm a day behind (or more) at all times.  Even my dressing has been pretty uninspired this week, which is usually unaffected by crazed levels of crippling stress!  Sometimes even motivated by it...

Gah.  But look at these lovely classic green Chie Mihara 'Absinthe' heels that came in the mail... I feel so much better now!!  Happy feet, indeed.

I'm somewhat of a compulsive modifier, so vintage dressing is good for that.  There's always something to fix!  This dress was quite big on top, and boxy, but I hand-washed it from the waist up in super hot water, thereby felting the fabric and shrinking it by a size.  I find this works pretty well!  I use it quite a bit on sweaters- you can always stretch and shape the material as it dries!

I'll announce the winner of the first ever damn green dress contest tomorrow!
vintage wool peter pan collar dress, Chie Mihara 'Absinthe' heels, courtesy of the Effortless Anthropologie trade forum/ time machine


Comments

  1. Love the shoes. I just bought a skirt on the EA forum and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the Absinthe Heels! How did you ever get your hands on them your lucky duck?! :) They are one of my favorite pairs of Chies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girls, I'm sending out some mega valentine love to Roxy's EA forum- everything I've ever wanted (well- anthropologie-wise) seems to turn up there eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl! Love, love, LOVE those shoes! They are gorgeous. I need to check out the EA trade market more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those shoes!!! I love them! Why have I never seen them before? And yes, Roxy's EA trade market is a brilliant resource.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pair of green shoes. love the way you wear them, too.
    Enjoy your weekend, Sarah.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Your back! These shoes are TDF :) They really stand out with your outfit. They are the prettiest green. I finally got my J. Crew skirt!! Did your skirt look the right color? Mine looks more Dijon Mustard than a Gold / Sunny color. Another blogger was also disappointed in the shade. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look gorgeous on you! Yay! I can't wait to see the different ways you wear them.

    Sorry you had a bummer week but hopefully it'll all be better next week :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are GORGEOUS! Oh I love them and I love your outfit because it really showcases them.

    I am also sorry to hear about your hectic week. I tried my best to recover from mine with the help of cocktails last night. I highly recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What fantastic shoes! Almost worth changing your blog name to Those Damn Green Shoes!

    Hey Sarah, thanks for stopping by my blog today, and letting us know about that fantastic Mickey & Sylvia "Love is Strange" song on the Lipstick on Your Collar mini series. I hope you don't mind...I posted the video at the top of my right column, and gave you credit for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretties! The color is so unique, but so is the style - love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my i loooove those shoes!!!!!! hoorrayfor green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow. those shoes knock me off my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Chie's are gorgeous! I love their shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your green shoes! I can't believe you found them! I'm so excited for you, and they are truly every bit as awesome as I imagined them to be. Do you feel a little bit like you may have super powers now? Hope this week is much less stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My memory is obviously super-shot as I didn't put it together that your comment/your kitty = person who acquired my schoolboy blazer until I got down to this post. Hi hi again. :) BTW your job sounds so ideal... I have a sufficiently supportive 'day job' but I wish it was more my type of environment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment