biggest nerd!

Yep, that's me.  I'm not even good at being a nerd.  I've been wearing glasses since I was ten, and have never even tried  contacts because I'm too lazy (I like to call it 'low maintenance,'  yes, that sounds better).  Sometime last week, I turned out the light and stumbled blindly toward the bed, tossing my glasses on the bookcase next to the bed as I went.  Or so I thought.  I haven't been able to find them ever since.  Where the hell did I put them?

Granted, devil-cat-who-hates-me used to push them into the wastebasket, but that's why there isn't a wastebasket in the bedroom anymore...I have no idea where they are, so I've been stuck with a pair I don't love so much. I hope they turn up soon...!

On the other hand, I've been feeling lots of love for my new blazer.  I'm not much of a mini-skirt gal the rest of the year, but I love wearing them in winter with thick tights and boots.  They make me feel less nerdy!
J Crew Donegal Schoolboy Blazer and rosewood Calista cami, thrifted wool mini, Ash booties

Comments

  1. my lady, you have great legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....You crack me up! Great Blazer, Love the color of the skirt.Is that an Olive color? I am a sucker for anything that's in the Green Family. And as far as the cat? They love being bad don't they? I have a cat that ALWAYS takes my hair ties. I have no clue where they go. All I know is I go to the grocery store and get one of those packs of like 12 stretchy (thingys) Urban Dictionary say's that is how the word is spelled. Now who's the Nerd? But you look impeccable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe..Nice glasses! You are too stylish to be a nerd I might add :-)
    Blazers are godsend how they can instantly sharpen an outfit. I love yours - great cut, colour and shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got fantastic legs that should be seen. If you got it flaunt it. Well done my girl. You do look soooooooooooo lovely in that skirt.
    I am so glad that the photos are getting bigger and closer to you, so we can see you better.
    Mil besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look fantastic! Love the blazer on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Jen, you are wayyyyyy to stylish to be a nerd. And I saw what you posted on Jen's blog. Tony Leung? ohhhhh yes, the soulful eyes. You must've seen him in Lust, Caution.
    and I gave you some linky love on my blog last week. you my friend, are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blazer! I wish it had fit me a fraction as well as it fits you. Fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the blazer! such a good, classic piece. and i totally agree about mini skirts. tights make me feel comfortable with short things. summer time makes me want to cover back up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The booties are just perfect and oh-so-sassy! And you're another museum scholar?!? Rock on!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of a wool mini with tights and heels! Those booties of your are fantastic!

    My old boss used to be real bad with her glasses - she always have 3-4 pairs around her because she kept misplacing them! Most time she'd sit on them, or once I saw her with two pairs on her head and she was looking around the desk for a pair! Funny to me especially bc she was otherwise a completely competant and super-intelligant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic! Very stylish for a self-proclaimed nerd. :)

    I adore your glasses, btw. Who makes them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks guys! I adore this blazer...and heeled Oxfords!

    My fave glasses are stil AWOL (though I swear I am also 'otherwise competent and super-intelligent..!)- these frames are Roberto Cavalli, but most of my glasses for the last 12 years have been sunglass frames or cheap reading glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yey! More blazer lovage! :) I coined a potential term for (at least one side of) my style recently: nerd safari. Nerds unite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment