waiting for vintage

I made a little detour to Value Village last Friday since I had a coupon to use that was expiring (yes, I value a 30% off coupon on thrift stuff too!), and had some great finds.  Now that I've been exploring the worlds of 'new clothing', where there are catalogues and multiples to be found, I find myself getting sidetracked by things I can find thrift style just as easily.  silly really.
I was looking hungrily at a recent Moulinette Soeurs skirt at Anthropologie for months- stripes, librarian-y, what could be better?  Despite knowing that waist pleats are nooooooo good for me, I still ended up sorta calling around when it went on sale recently.  But I was strong, and didn't buy it.  and now I am rewarded.
I found this lovely hand-made wool skirt in the most awesome camel and black tones that just clicks for me.  It hangs better, it swishes better, and it cost me all of $2.79.  Oh yes.  Loves.  I wore it out for an evening of dinner and a movie (Black Swan, finally!!) and was very happy with it.
vintage wool tan checked skirt, nondescript thrifted sweater, vintage ochre silk scarf, Indigo Water Row boots

Grimlock disturbs the shot...

I also picked up a sea-green Benetton v-neck, to replace an old favourite that must have been given away at some point (stupid!), a matching super-soft silk scarf (just 'cause), a trippy swirly pink 60's blouse (just 'cause), and a pair of sweet sensible black mary-janes (because one must).
can't locate trippy blouse, but you'll see it soon with a classic pencil skirt.  time to clean my closet...

mary-janes, `fait à la main`

Comments

  1. $2.79!!? Wow! What a steal- it looks great on you ^^ What did you think of Black Swan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a buy!! I love the scarf, it just pulls the whole outfit together and makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Love the skirt and those shoes are super cute. How was the movie????

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You did it. I remember telling you that I hoped you'd decide to get the Anthropologie skirt. But I have to say that this one is quite lovely. Actually a bit prettier and the pattern is much more interesting. And your other pieces go SO WELL! I love the scarf and the shoes. But I have to say, $2.79? Wow, That is truly amazing. You always look so great. And yes! How was the movie? Do tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful skirt brought to life but that yellow silk scarf. Fantastic!!!
    Have a superb Sunday my friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent finds! That skirt is especially fantastic! I love the pop of color the scarf provides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thrift find! That skirt is gorgeous! I wish I could wear under the knee lengths and look as good as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that skirt on you. I think it looks better than the Anthro one! The way you styled it is simple, but very effective. What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New or new-ish visitor from Shop With M. That skirt is fantastic. I respectfully suggest you consider getting it shortened to the knee. Cuz your legs are hawt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. best comment ever- thanks gigi! minis it is from now on...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment