Second chances!

So a few years back, I fell in love with a dress by Comrags of Toronto.  They had a jumper and a dress in a beautifully dark and intense yellow and green shadow plaid.  I balked at the price, and wasn't able to try one on, so I let it go.  I've regretted it ever since- always searching to buy similar fabric for myself, and hunting for shadow plaids on ebay.  (God, looking at it now- why did I pass this up!  I love it even more...)

A sneak peak of the fall 2010 season was posted on the Comrags website this week, and what did I see but some green and yellow shadow plaid!  The colour is a bit less intense, but the dress is a bit more shapely this time.  It reminds of the current Prada fifties vibe too.  Mine!

Comrags Fall 2007 Collection

Comrags Fall 2010 Collection
Prada Fall 2010


You can bet I won't let this one go again...I just have to save my pennies for the next month or so! (Prada = too many pennies, though I do have some Miu Miu loafers I bought for $2.50 at a thrift store!)

Comments

  1. 1. i love comrags (hate the name, but love the clothing)
    2. it's so nice to finally have a *face* to your *name*.
    3. was it you who loves that green 1950s dress with the architectural print? i wore that dress today!
    4. hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear golden!

    Yep, that's me... That's so funny about the architecture dress! I was just going to say you should post it (fabulous patterns?) but perhaps I shouldn't see any more of it...

    Ah, so many lovely dresses, not enough days in the year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried on that Comrags dress (in navy because I cannot do green) and it is a lovely fit. The skirt dips down in the front and the top is fitted quite perfectly. It is A LOT of pennies, but silk I think, and well-tailored, and less than Prada and probably better made. Get it! Then post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'oh! So I wrote to Comrags basically right after this posting and they said that they were having a members night on September 1st, but would let me know after that if they had my size left.

    And...no... Dangit! It's true that I loved the original more- it kills me that it's probably hanging unworn in SOMEONE's closet! Or maybe some other plaid-happy soul found it second hand and is happily trotting around in their autumn finery!

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment