The one...




She whirled across the screen, so quickly that I never caught more than glimpses of it. I've just never gotten around to capturing that elusive image- the perfect green dress.

I mean, Desk Set itself is great- Hepburn and Tracy, stylishly grumpy reference librarians in fabulous fifties frocks, utilitarian office furniture and the prototype computer...and then the christmas party. Some nameless blonde in the green dress is whisked through the office on her partner's arm, never to be seen again. I've certainly stalked glimmers of that dress on ebay.


I've stalked a lot of dresses on ebay. That's why we're here.

(note to self- granny vintage dressing could lead to just looking like the vintage granny in that last frame...))

Comments

  1. I NEED to see the Desk Set! Hopefully this week. I loved reading through your blog and am excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love Katharine Hepburn- Bringing Up Baby is pretty awesome too.

    Sorry I didn't catch on to your comments right away. I've been following your blog for a little while- it's one of my faves. Apparently I've just been doing that rather than care and feeding of my own. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment