colour...







I must be super susceptible to suggestion...well, I am. Saturday morning I watched Bill Cunningham's slideshow on the Times site, like every weekend. After so many years as a fashion photographer, he's still so wide-eyed and deliciously uncynical about fashion! Yesterdays theme was plaid- particularly the revisionist crazy plaid that was everywhere this fall. Then in the afternoon, I dragged myself out to a couple of gallery openings. I had a little chat about colour with Lynne Cohen, who is also extraordinarily enthusiastic about her work. She pointed out the line of fluorescent green glowing under the office door in the all-white gallery, and how a simple red pen became activated by the diffuse light coming in the window.

Then I went shopping and bought colour and plaid motifs like mad.

(I swear, since I've only been shopping on ebay lately, I've lost all natural defenses towards the allure of the mall- so many textures, patterns and colours! All seemingly on sale! Impossible to resist!)

(and no, I did not buy orange pants, but yes to a yummy mandarin-orange cropped sweater!)

Comments